Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The dentist

Today was Max's first dentist appointment. We survived. Max was a champ, a shaky, sort of scared champ but brave none-the-less. They have all this kid language, like, "Mr Slurpy" and and the "tickler." That scary pokey thing is called a tooth counter. So smart. Max would not get on the "Magic chair." So, his exam and cleaning was on my lap.

He picked out a brand new black tooth brush, grim. Of course, he got a prize at the end which made his morning. I tried not to leak out my fear of dentistry but he must pick it up. I let them demonstrate it all on me first, which he loved (and I hated). Perhaps, I will get better with the dentist now that I mst show how "fun" the experience is. Crap.

We return in two weeks for fluoride and x-rays and...Aiden's first visit.

In follow up biopsy news, my scarring will probably correct itself within a year, if not, I get the scars redone. This still seems easier than dental work. What's a bit of breast slashing compared to pokey things in my mouth?

Sorry, TMI.

1 comment:

  1. Good. You survived. Sometimes it's easier to survive for them.

    ReplyDelete