Monday, October 15, 2007

Music and a weird virus

Gosh. Its so hard to refuse. With advertising like this, it really is compelling. I'm glad we got this in the mail or we never would have known this concert was coming to town.

In other music news, Blame Sally has become the hottest band around and yet, I can't seem to find a way to see them. Dang. They've been touring like crazy and I have been chasing little boys around the house. One of these days...

I had to pick up Max early from school today. He has this tongue virus that is pretty painful. I looked it up online and the pictures made me gag. I mean, really gross things on tongues...Ack. The dentist said to use the "magic mouthwash" to numb out the tongue but it seems impossible to get it in his mouth. He screams, yes, screams like a crazy kid, then starts coughing, and choking, and spit starts flying...unbelievable.

This is how come I don't get out much and why I might never get a chance to see the Sally's unless they decide to play in our living room.

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! A tongue virus sounds highly unpleasant. Get well soon, Max!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave it to kids to get crazy things I didn't know existed. Yikes. I am a fan of Polish Independence Day, however. In fact, in school we used to wear red-and-white (Polish flag) ribbons in its honor. Yes. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they should play in your living room, absolutely. (Never mind the screaming kid with the tongue virus in the background)

    Poor Max.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, we play in Living Rooms all the time - why not yours? Hell, half the time it's just a matter of climbing up the stairs from BZ's studio for me - (though not an easy feat this week with the newly sprained ankle). Do you think we could get Max to scream somewhat rhythmically?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How could I have known that Kim would have been to the Polish Independence Day? :-)
    Try the Cank-ease on the tongue. It's a novelty that they get to brush it on themselves. Kiira doesn't seem to mind it.
    Heard Fillmore Street on the radio by the Sallys and thought - I haven't seen them in awhile. I'm feeling like a nice cozy Nicasio concert.....ahhhhhh.....a nice glass of red wine and some comfort food to boot. Now THAT sounds like a nice evening. No chance it's happened anytime soon though.

    ReplyDelete