Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Hats

Knitting update (Just a warning for those completely bored with knitting entries):
My first try at stripes. I am making a hat for Max and although its a crappy picture, the colors, in real life, are fantastic. This hat is starting to look like a pumpkin or a carrot. I've already screwed up and left a hole right where I changed colors. Ah well. It won't be the last time.

In other hat news, I have accepted the fact that the sweet little pink baby hat is not so little, not little enough to fit the soon-to-be girl before her 15th birthday. So, I got new pink yarn and once I finish the baby leggings (need the DP needles) I will restart the hat from scratch.

In final hat news, hopefully, I will begin Aiden's stripy blue hat with cables. I hope to be comfortable with hats by the end of this new knitting jag. The next step will be socks. In the meantime, I need to get moving on Christine's hot pink scarf with arbitrary seed pattern and, choose what to knit for my mom with the beautiful ecru cashmere she sent.

1 comment:

  1. Of course there's a hole where you changed yarns. Tighten it up later with the yarn ends - leave plenty of end to work with. And call it finishing work.

    Ha! I wonder why I'm not bored?

    ReplyDelete