Saturday, October 6, 2007

Saturday


Today we are going to the Discovery Museum in Sausalito. We are meeting friends there. I am exhausted and would prefer to disappear under a pillow for several hours. Under a pillow and blankets. I am grumpy from being up half the night. I am resentful of having to be a parent every day and not having a break built in anywhere. And then I feel super guilty and scared for even thinking such a thing. I am so lucky to be a parent and blah, blah, blah.

What I need is a visit to The Ranch for a week and then all would be well. If it weren't for the cost and the ability to disappear for a week...crap. I have memories of peace and wellbeing. Its been years.
In the meantime, I get the kids dressed, get them fed, sort of, pack a diaper/food bag...sneak of for a quick blog. I hear crying in the background and just want to sleep.

I think I am feeling crappy today for several reasons. No sleep or down time, constant crying in the back and fore ground...and all the emotional residue from this past week. I am also reading a book that is great, funny and really difficult emotionally. I think I am carrying that as well.

Its time to re-enter my life. I must close out this blog and get up from my twirly chair. I must open the office door and enter the fray of loudness, high voices, tired boys. Once on our way, it'll be fine, even fun. I just need to embrace the crazed energy of my boys.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you could manage to build in a short break _ a lunch date, a movie alone, something? Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was the Discovery Museum and did you manage to avoid the worst of the traffic?

    Finished the book yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ranch - take me there too. There isn't crying there or sick kids or anyone or thing that needs a pill shoved down there throat is there?

    ReplyDelete