Monday, October 29, 2007

The strawberry nose


Max has been to the dentist 3 times in the last 6 weeks. He is having a hard time with the x-rays. They make him gag. He has quite a gag reflex. When he cries, the dental assistant says something stupid like "don't cry" or "be quiet." Very soothing words.

So we came home this time with a new appointment and a strawberry nose. This nose is for Max to practice with. During our next visit, they will put on this nose and pump nitrous oxide and oxygen into his little face, laughing gas they used to call it when they gave it to me, and then, they will get their damned pictures.

Poor Max. I wish he wasn't so scared. I wish I didn't give him my fear of dentist, sure hate pointy things genes. I also feel bad that I gave him the really soft, full of cavities gene as well. Crap.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am so, so sorry Miss Margaret - I just posted a really funny video on my blog. It may give you the laugh you need....it did me....

    ReplyDelete