Sunday, October 21, 2007

Odd bits

Cleaning up my office yesterday led to odd discoveries. Its easy to forget parts of your past..until the index cards fall out of a box. I used to present "The gross slide show" for Planned Parenthood, usually at Juvenile Hall. I was most effective when I stood in front of the screen and let whatever image of a gross penis malady cover my face. It really freaked them out. And, if there were very scary boys in a given group, I would look directly at one of them while talking about the symptoms, as if they knew what I was talking about. This was my favorite technique. Tough scary teen boys crossing their legs...this top index card describes "Saxophone Penis." How great is that?

Yesterday, BZ asked me, "What is a caper?" We eat them all the time, love them...but what are they?

  • Immature buds of a shrub in the Mediterranean that are pickled. They may be packed in the brine or in coarse salt.
    www.apinchof.com/glossary1009.html
  • Capers are dance steps, little leaps or bounds in the air!
    www.glosmorrismen.org/misc.htm

  • A bit of a relief really. I knew it was pickled something but, what? We are loving a shrub. Not the first, we love our rosemary bush as well.

    Finally, 3 finished knit projects. The first two are for Arden (baby leggings and lace hat), the third, a scarf, for Max:




    Yippee. Time for more projects...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment