Sunday, September 2, 2007

A scarf,a real tomato and a search for cheese


I finished my first scarf. Well, I put the first scarf on hold and finished the second one I started. So, really, It's my first finished scarf even though it got started second. Hmm.
Now for hand puppets. I will continue to slog on with Max's scarf but still need some quick wins along the way.

I also want to start my mom's scarf but have to decide on a pattern that she might actually want and wear AND something that I can actually do within a month or so.

In food news, yesterday I went to the Grand Lake Farmer's Market. It is a beautiful thing. Other than the sweltering heat and the three out of control and whining children, "Jumpy house! Jumpy house!" it was amazing. So many choices of local organic produce...I have forgotten how beautiful vegetables and fruit can be. I also forgot how they can taste. The tomatoes were unbelievable.I live in Montclair Village in Oakland which you would think would have one good grocery store. We had an Albertson's that carried some organic produce, and alternative foods for those of us who actually read all the scary reports on pesticides and hormones and plastics. Albertson's got bought out by Lucky's and that was that. All healthy food gone. Now we need to commute to find organic or locally grown food. Shit. Aiden is allergic to milk products so I have to go many miles now just to get goat cheese, which, is not especially alternative but– it ain't Spagettios.

3 comments:

  1. Cute scarf! We were in Rockridge today and I thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Finished scarf!

    What whiny kids? I think I whined more than they did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, perhaps I exaggerated the whining since I was SO hot and wanted to whine myself.

    ReplyDelete