Saturday, September 8, 2007

Lame-O


Ah hah! My second project done. Actually I finished it almost a week ago but was struggling with downloading onto the computer. Its a washcloth puppet but it is big enough to be a hat. Note to self, make it smaller next time.

I am off and running with the renewed effort on Max's red scarf. I have started with a whole new skein of yarn, the Blue Sky Alpaca that I love (super soft), and with big fat needles so it is going much easier than before.

I also started my first hat. And started it, and started it, and started it...very frustrating. I have ripped it out about 5 times to start over. I have changed patterns three times and have decided to go back to the original pattern but have a friend explain what the secret knitting code actually means in the pattern. Perhaps if I understand the language, it won't look so bad. Pictures will not be shown until complete (mainly since it is going to be a gift if it doesn't look too terrible).

In other than knit news, my parents sent a care package with loot from their France vacation. Yahoo, more chocolate!! We were down to only about ten pounds so it couldn't be soon enough. They also sent clothes for the boys, super duper cute. Max even wanted to go to bed in one of his new shirts he loved it so much. What kid likes getting clothing? My special boy.

And in other ramblings, if you haven't heard, Apple has reduced the price of their Iphone after a tiny bit more than two months. Lame for those who bought early. Great for the rest of you. I go in the super LAME-O category. So, to appease the pissed off customers, they are giving us $100 bucks to say sorry, stick around, we still love you...sucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment