Sunday, September 9, 2007

taking risks

Aiden tried the Merry Go Round again today and loved it. This is a big deal for him. He has freaked each time and yet, today, he pointed to it very clearly and wanted to try again. He took a risk and it paid off, He was so proud of himself.


My risks are whether or not I should try knitting a hat or a sweater. Sometimes I enter risky conversations. I hardly ever take large physical risks. I guess I drive most days and that is risky. I drove home tonight (exhausted) around 10:30pm and that is potentially dangerous.

This is Kim in a bar. We are discussing her upcoming trip to Iraq. Kim is a reporter so naturally, this is an exciting adventure. Not being a complete idiot, she knows it is risky and crazy and yet, its an amazing opportunity.

I'm not even willing to sky dive. And since the kids were born, my fear of risk taking has increased. I know that many things scare me more than they should but Iraq is such an unknown, uncontrollable violent place...

When we left the bar, I drove her back to her apartment building. I wanted to make sure she got home safely. Its the least I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment