Friday, September 21, 2007

The glamour of travel

I do love to travel. But I don't usually like the trip. I know its supposed to be all about the journey but have you been to an airport lately? Its really an awful experience. I had to fly out of Oakland and, they happen to be going through loads of construction. Most of the hassle is that they have dug up half of the parking area but haven't really put up directional signs to help you find your way.


Finding a parking spot was near impossible and after about 20 minutes I just created my own spot and hoped that I would still have a car when I returned. I was parked so far away from the terminal with no parking shuttle in sight. I walked about 15 minutes to get into the airport. I was in a crappy mood by the time I got to my airline.


Our Hotel in Phoenix was also under construction and they were very busily painting into the night. Now this is definitely a quite activity but also a quite stinky and toxic one. I still slept really well. the bed sure was comfy and large.

Although getting to my car on my return to Oakland was very scary and potentially life-threatening (10 pm parking lot, will anyone hear me scream?), I am not in Iraq and this can be avoided on the next trip. I will make better choices.


I finished Max's scarf...almost, I forgot how to cast off. Shit. I guess I really am very tired. I then picked up the hat project and began knitting madly at it backwards. I turned it around forgetting where the yarn was supposed to be. After about 10 rounds I looked at it and thought...oops. Ugly mistake. I ripped out the whole thing and started the whole thing from scratch.

My projects before leaving for San Diego: Pick up dry cleaning, finish the pink baby hat for Linda and Tod, finish the red scarf for Max, get the hot pink scarf/boa started for Christine, MAYBE start the wavy scarf for me.

Good night! I am exhausted and must get to sleep before Aiden declares the morning at some time during the night.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh! Super cute hair! Did you recently get it cut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the hat!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. So whats with the PACE salsa in a bottle? Mext to Bagels. Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some want quesadillas, some want the bagel with cream cheese...varied tastes in my household, what can I say?

    ReplyDelete