Friday, September 28, 2007

home sweet home


Although there is a smell of some sort that I just can't figure out, It's great to be home. I was met at the airport, which I love. As I came through security, Max was running toward me with the best smile, "Mommy!" We got home and I got to say yes to chocolate pudding and yes to computer games. I am a hero.

I just got home from a week in hell. The theme of the week was war. The company hired ex-marines to entertain and "train" us. No kidding. We played war game simulations to work as a "team." We had a Marine type guy screaming at us "recruits" about being motivated. Spelled, M-O-T-O-V-A-8-E-D . That's right. Clever.


The special treat at the end of the week, Thursday night was getting to go to Mirimar, a military base to see the bombers and to eat at the officer's club with the marines. It was hard to look at these young guys and not feel respect as well as extreme sadness and fear.


I think I wouldn't be so bothered by the military stuff if there was some room to feel differently out loud but its just a bit scary to admit to too many people or to the people in charge that one might feel differently. These events always make me feel like I work on an alien planet. And then, I return home. Where I belong.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like a rather suckful experience. It must have been tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do work on an alien planet. What a bizarre theme. Who wants to be yelled at?

    You are a hero already - chocolate pudding!

    ReplyDelete