Saturday, September 22, 2007

Packing for yet another journey

I still haven't unpacked all the way from the Phoenix trip and yet, I need to pack for San Diego. I am happy about frequent flyer miles but its been three different airlines and all relatively short trips.

What to bring beyond the work clothes? I don't bother worrying much about the clothes because I never seem to bring the right things, I always end up wearing practically the same thing each day after discovering stains or rips or impossible wrinkles and creases. I wear ugly shoes and that won't change at all...sigh.

OK, so what knitting will I bring? I think Max's scarf should be ready to block and finish tonight, I hope to finish up the pink hat/helmet tonight. I will bring the multicolor hat project and...drum roll.....the yarn for a hot pink scarf I'm making for Christine.
I got this GREAT hot pink cotton (Blue Sky, of course) and this Blue Sky Suri (baby alpaca) fuzzy light pink yarn for the border. I am not sure yet of the width or the pattern, if any. I just love the color. I am debating whether or not to bring another project as well, the Wavy Scarf.

So the hardest part of leaving is these little guys. As much as I get annoyed, frustrated, stressed out, exhausted...there is nothing better than an almost two year old with a plastic helmet on his head to hold two pacifiers as he stumbles down the stairs. Or Max's lopsided grin and, "I love you mommy."
I also will miss BZ. Its hard to leave my other half, which I think he really has become (this may seem like a Duh moment but these things don't come automatically for me). And as gripe-y and snarly as I get, I still want and enjoy having him around. The greatest thing when I return is when Max sees me hugging BZ and immediately yells, "Family Hug!" Both boys drop everything and come running for the big family smooch. What's more ridiculous and wonderful than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment