Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Sleepy eyes


I am sleepy. I am on day 3 of this marathon week. Tonight I have another focus group. There just isn't enough coffee to stop my yawning, which, is embarrassing at meetings.

My desk is piled high with muck...must be cleaned up before going to Detroit. Ack, Detroit. At least we get to stay at an airport hotel.

I find it hard to work when the weather is so beautiful outside. I mean, beautiful. I remember high school in May and June was unbearable. No one could concentrate. We all just wanted to get outdoors. That's how it is right now. Well, actually, I dream first of a straight eight hours of sleep, and then, the great outdoors...in a lounger chair, passed out.

One of my big projects that I guess I could do while traveling, is to get my calendar, date book, etc all cleaned up and ready for the big migration over to Iphone. Yay. I am very excited. Perhaps all hype BUT, I am still very excited. I will check it out first and make sure it makes sense practically speaking but man-o-man, it is so cool. I WANT IT. Breathe in. Breathe out.

I must control these techno urges. I will try to not go out at 6pm on June 29th (release date/time) to buy one of these new fangled things. I will instead, check out all the specs, speak to someone in a store over the weekend or on the Monday after. My dad was shocked when I bought my first car at 25 yrs old (not so recent) and it was a 4-door sedan (Toyota Corolla). He was sure I'd get a sporty cool single person car. Instead, I went practical, which, I continue to do with that sort of thing. Very boring and conservative of me. But the Iphone!!!! Dang.

1 comment:

  1. 1) High school...I remember the feeling you describe, about wanting to be outside...but then why did we just sit around the (windowless) senior lounge all day?!

    2) Did you get the iPhone?

    ReplyDelete