Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Big D to Big Island


Believe it or not, I am at one of the nicest hotels I have ever been to. I'm at the Westin in Detroit Metro Airport. Yes, its attached to the airport. You can go through security to go grab a bite to eat. Really.

The rooms are beautiful, Everything is remodeled with modern dark wood furniture and cream colored walls and lamps, the carpets are actually attractive (amazing in a hotel). And the service is good too.

So, even though I happen to be in Detroit, and even though I have to sit through long days of meetings and evenings of "forced fun," its a very nice venue. Surprise.

The bed is very comfy. I slept through the night, all the way through the night, for the first time in months. That is cool. Very cool. Oh, right, no kids here. Hmmm.

On Saturday, we are off to Hawaii. Quick turn around, bad jet lag, but Hawaii. Bring it on.

1 comment:

  1. That hotel isn't bad at all. And for anyone who survived DTW before about 1999, it's like being on another planet. Quite a transformation.

    Have fun in Hawaii!!

    ReplyDelete