Monday, June 4, 2007

The beauty of sleep




I dream of the day that I can really sleep again. I mean really sleep. Like a child. I am used to being tired. So used to it that I sometimes don't even know how tired I am until I do something stupid or I am excessively grumpy and even I can hear it while the words or whine is coming out of my mouth and I don't have the energy to stop or even edit what I say.

The answer today is coffee and the great outdoors. Even exhausted, I love to be in the woods and trees and fresh air. It feels like a win. Like a little break in the action of all the logistics of the day. My cell phone usually doesn't work on a hike. I really need to turn that thing off.

1 comment:

  1. Green trees are very refreshing. Hope those boys let you get a long, uninterrupted stretch of sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete