Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hairy legs and all

It was crazy hot today. I love the summer. I love the heat. It was hot. I was dressed for work, stuck in traffic, not enjoying the weather. When I got home I quickly changed into shorts and a shirt. What a relief. Within half an hour, I was back in the car to go pick up the boys.

On the road, I suddenly realized that perhaps I should have done a clothing check before leaving the house. I had put on some shortish shorts with sandals but hadn't considered my unshaven upper legs. I joke about my Russian peasant stock hair but this was no laughing matter. Not only that, I still had marks above my ankles from my too-tight work socks. A nice look.

I decided that this is one of those "must be a mom" moments. No way out. As long as I don't look down at my legs, perhaps no one else will. A mom can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment