Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Oakland A's

We had tickets tonight for the Oakland A's, our new home team. But we could not find a sitter for the boys. We almost went anyway, with the two lads but then balked at the idea of getting into the stadium and 20 minutes later having to leave for some kid related issue. Max hates loud noises (i.e. large groups cheering and clapping) and Aiden gets bored after 3 minutes of anything unless it involves something dangerous.

I hate waste, especially since the tickets were pretty good seats and they were given to us. So I also felt guilty not going since someone else could have gone. We taped the tickets on our neighbors' door (they are fans) and wrote, "Hurry, the game is right now" on the outside of the envelope. In fact, one of the two actually got to go along with one of the couple next door. I am very relieved.

We took the boys out to eat for our "date night." We had burgers, they had fries. We all had gelato. Mmmm. Not such a bad double date after all.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Margie,

    Thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm wondering how you came across it? Are you an artsy-craftsy woman too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I were a bit more artsy-craftsy. I just appreciate the work and eye of others and try to learn from your ideas. Perhaps I am not patient enough to be artistic-if I were an artist it would be more like Jackson Pollock...I would have to trust even that process though...I suppose my artistic tendencies show through when I work with large groups and need to think and speak on the fly. So I can be crafty with words not craftsy at all. Probably more than you even wanted to hear.:-)

    ReplyDelete