Saturday, December 1, 2007

Making a hat

Warning: Today's blog is about knitting gone bad. If this is offensive (or boring) to you, read no further.

The thing about knitting is that it is not a perfect science. It can be very emotional. It can be completely deflating. I was very proud of my little red hat until I finished. For the last several inches I was thinking that I should probably start decreasing and just end the hat before it goes the way of the others (above picture, this is where I should have stopped). No, I followed the length-of-your-hand rule and made a tall goofy hat...AGAIN!! Crap. I suppose it should be the length of the wearer's hand and not mine.

The red hat is now in the washing machine getting the crap kicked out of it, and hopefully a few inches. Pictures will come later. Maybe.

I need coffee. Waaaah.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the hat. I wish it was a science. Then there wouldn't be so much surprise in the outcome and we could be knitting machines instead of using machines to make things better. :)

    ReplyDelete