Monday, December 3, 2007

The big surprise

BZ's parents called a few weeks ago to say, " A big box is coming. Open it immediately and plug it in." We were very curious. My mind was working overtime, what could it be?

A big screen TV? A Wii game player? These are things our family dreams of in the plug-in category. We then calmed ourselves down, remembering that BZ's parents are practical folks who don't like to waste money. They helped buy us a refrigerator, dining chairs, a college fund.

Think. What could it be? Ugh. Right. They are coming for Hanukah. Its gotta be some giant light up menorah or Star of David to twinkle in the window. Crap. Well, the kids will love it.

We were on the right track. It arrived today. It is literally 6 feet tall. Actually it is more than 6 feet tall when completely pumped up.

This definitely calls for a "Dear Lord..."



But wait, there's more...



So my question is, where should we put it? Did I mention that the Dreidel goes up and down? That we live on a steep slope? I need some suggestions. Really.

10 comments:

  1. I simply do not know what to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely your best post to date. The way you lead up to it. I was rolling. And I didn't see the 2nd pic at first and was thinking...wait, they're TV is not 6 ft off the ground. They must mean 6 inches. Wait, that's more than 6 inches. I was so confused. And then I busted up laughing when I saw the "but wait there's more..." This is SO funny! It's also phallic (sp?), so don't put it outside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giant inflatable dreidel (with up-down dreidel option). wow. someone designed that, manufactured it, put a price on it, and then BZ's parents bought it. these kinds of transactions fascinate me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes but. What do we do with it?!!! There is no electric outlet on the front of our house, too bad.

    The kids do love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It could be used as a human sized frustration gadjet. When one, uh..side of matrimonial bliss is...well..not so blissfull, it could be used as, uh..a nice way to alleviate said frustration without taking it out on well...said other party in said blissfull union. Not that that ever happens (with you or me!! :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! So much better than an inflatable snow globe!

    Just leave it in the middle of the living room.

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  7. This proves that you have at least 7 readers. :)

    3 words for you...I need yarn. Help. Okay, 4 words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. I forgot. I linked this to my site in my last post. You're famous now.

    ReplyDelete