Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sinuses and a sock

I have never had a sinus infection before. I know, yucky subject. But I have to say after 3or 4 days of being in hell, I must write about it. I feel like my head is in a vice, being tightened. My right jaw throbs painfully, worse than a toothache. I am not big on drugs or anything but about 4 or 5 days ago, I thought maybe a bit of Acetametiphen might be a fine idea, just to cut the edge. Nothing. Then the Ibuprofin, nothing. then the Cold medicine with way too much crap in it, nothing. Dang.

Friday, I went to Kaiser, out of desperation, and the doctor gave me a whole host of drugs, "just in case." I haven't ripped into the antibiotics yet but I broke down and took the Codeine to sleep. I also started the Sudafed and the saline spray. NOTHING. FUCK. IT HURTS.

I am clearly a wimp.

To distract myself, I parent. I take care of children, play, make them food, knit a sock. I knit a sock!!! After the world's worst sock knitting class at the beginning of the month, I figured out, with web help, how to make a sock. So it is MUCH bigger than expected but it will make a great slipper for ME.

My head is still in a vice but my foot is happy. Maybe I should put the sock on my head.

3 comments:

  1. We'll have to call you peg leg until you make the next one. :) Sorry your head hurts. Maybe Aiden could drop a toy from the loft balcony as you cross under. That should put everything in balance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried saline nasal spray? That can help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. The saline helps slightly but not quick enough. I think the toy over the balcony might be more effective.

    ReplyDelete