Saturday, December 29, 2007

Vacation time

Its great to take a week off of work at the holidays. Not that it has been restful in the least. To give a brief review, we got ready for Christmas on Christmas eve, decorating our Ficus tree. I tried to go get a tree but Max didn't want me to get a "killed" tree. Dang it BZ!

Every year we seem to acquire more Santa hats and now we have one for each family member as well as a few others in case someone stops by and feels left out.
Aiden got sick Christmas eve-night, or at least, had a troublesome sleep, so, we were up with him trading off hours of rest. And then...it was Christmas morning and Max woke excited to see if Santa had actually come.

Ah, the magic of Christmas (translation: big pile of presents and stockings by the fireplace). Even though Max had rewritten his Santa list on Christmas Eve (much to my horror), he still proclaimed this the "Best Christmas Ever!"


In the afternoon, my cousin Pat and family came over for a holiday feast. Always fun.
Alison and Kathryn (in background of above photo) have gotten all grown up, its completely crazy. They have well thought out political views. And they don't just agree with their parents. They each have well thought out ideas and positions....this may seem obvious, like, of course, but to me its amazing since time has gotten way out of hand.

Elisabeth and family arrived about an hour after Pat and family left. I think they stayed for about...21 hours, but who's counting? It was GREAT to see them, just too short. I always end up feeling like I need at least a few days more. The kids just get bigger, smarter and more fun.

By Boxing Day afternoon, Liz and family had departed and we were wrecked.

The next day we began a 3-day trip to Napa, by way of Six Flags. We joined friends of ours and had a great time. We went to Discovery Kingdom, The Jelly Belly Factory and saw The Old Faithful Geyser in Calistoga.


We are finally home. Its nice to be back. What a whirlwind.

I read Good Night Moon to Aiden tonight and he held my hand, saying the words with me and waving goodbye to each page of the book. He loves going to bed almost as much as I do. I love the ritual. He added a new element tonight after I turned out the light. He started singing Twinkle, Twinkle and I joined him. At the end of the song, he clapped his hands and said, "Good night, mommy." So this is my new cue to leave the room. OK.

Tomorrow, a dinner party. What was I thinking?

3 comments:

  1. Great Christmas!

    My Kid likes your kid's gigantic robot.

    The passing of time boggles the mind, doesn't it? I'm one of the adults now, a real adult, and it still freaks me out a bit.

    Gwen and George

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who are those children!!??? I don't recognize ANYONE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year. See you soon. I am coming out on the 21st of jan.
    Lots of love,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete