Monday, August 18, 2008

We're back

A great but too quick trip. We got back this afternoon and I am trying desperately to stay awake until dark. Gotta beat the jet lag.

We had fun. At no point did Max complain and ask to go home which happens almost every other trip we take for longer than a day. It was great getting so far away.

I brought a book which got very little attention. I brought three knitting projects and got stuck on all three. I ripped one out and started an experiment with a cool pattern. Its now about a third of a scarf. I'm obsessed.

We got to take a boat out on the Canal du Midi and Max got to drive. Completely fun and my dad even broke into bad Broadway show tunes. I admit, I sang along, between guffaws.
We swam although we had a bunch of overcast and rainy days in the middle of our trip. So nice to end the day in the pool, such luxury.

We brought the boys and our nieces and nephew to our favorite castles. This one is Byron:

This one is Boneguil (we like the ruins):


My sister and family were there when we arrived and stayed for about 7 days further along with us. The day we stumbled in, One of my sister's closest childhood friends came by with her kids and stayed the night as well. Really fun, if not over crowded.

I love France, and the Lot et Garonne region is just beautiful. Its kinda the middle of nowhere, farmland...goats (and their cheese, yum) and plums ( le pruneau). This is what the area is known for.



Time for rest. Lots of rest.

2 comments: