Friday, January 18, 2008

Off we go


BZ is in Las Vegas. He fly out this morning. I fly this evening. First trip without the kids. I mean to say, first trip with BZ without the kids. First time the kids are without both of us at the same time for more than one overnight. Whew.

I am very nervous. I know this is probably a good thing. A good exercise to go through. My heart has begun to beat a bit faster this afternoon as I get closer to picking them up at preschool. Closer to giving them their afternoon snack and reminder that Mommy is going bye bye for two days. Letting them know what FUN they will have with Pat, the one who gave them a present at Christmas. Zingo. They love Zingo. My heart rate has definitely gone up a bit.

It will be fine. I will be fine. Vegas. A birthday weekend with BZ and his family in Vegas. It will be fun. I will be there during the Nevada caucuses. Now that is cool. I must remain cool and not let on that that holds as much interest as it does for me.

OK. Pick up kids. Now. Let the games begin.

1 comment:

  1. You are probably back by now. Phew. I'm sure it was SO great to get time alone as grown ups. You deserve it!!! Yee-haw!

    ReplyDelete