Sunday, January 6, 2008

Obama '08

OK. I am tentatively supporting Obama. Well, probably more than tentatively as I am hosting a New Hampshire primary watch party. I am not yet selling bumper stickers or hosting phone banks but...I am easing my way back into activism.

I got so devastated in 2004. I am staying safe now by enjoying the big open playing field and assume I will get more invested as the field closes in.

Last night watching the debates, Max asked about the statue. "Who's the statue?" A bit later he pointed to Obama, who was listening very seriously to Edwards or Clinton. Max was right. He absolutely did not move. He was just like a statue. Funny. I am voting for a statue. A statue for Hope.

1 comment:

  1. I am skeptical, as you know, but I did find it a very pleasant surprise when Obama won Iowa.

    ReplyDelete