Saturday, November 3, 2007

Runny noses

How long should a runny nose last? OK. So in a toddler it can last for years. In my toddler it has lasted for over a year but at least no more ear infections. How about in an adult? I have had this annoying cold for almost a week. My throat hurts, my nose runs (great in a meeting), and I am not quite sick enough to not work, or to not get up when the kids get up.

Example: 5am Saturday morning, Aiden wakes up. So....that means...I get up. Even though I've been up most of the night with my little naggy cold, I must get up since BZ has to work today. I think that is why he gets to continue to sleep. On other days, the excuse is that Max kept him up all night. This is the ongoing battle. Who got less sleep, who gets to sleep in...The answer is always BZ for some reason until I become a nightmare and then, I win.

So this is where my friend the TV comes in. Jojo's Circus, Playhouse Disney, whatever. I let them get their brains sucked out for an hour or so as I sip old tasteless tea, and come up with a plan for the day. I love me a good Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. This is just a morning update at 7:45 am...BZ's still sleeping! Has he no shame?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm.....is that a bowl I hear falling on the floor above your room? Oops, how did that possibly happen? I'm sorry has that awakened your sweet dreaming dear husband? No, you didn't hear that bowl? Here kids, come play with the silverware drawer, if you could please take everything out and drop it on the floor so I could reorganize....and yes, scream with glee....as loud as you can. Daddy loves it when you do that..... :-)
    It's been known to happen in our house!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps - and the cold. Since June and counting in our household. Duck, duck....goose! You're it with the runny nose now! Or pink eye...or bronchiolitis....or pneumonia....

    ReplyDelete