Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Officiant

So I'm a bit nervous about being an officiant. Max tells me I will be fine if I practice. He's right, as usual. So its time to begin the research. Its time to ask the couple what they would like.

The weddings that most appeal to me are the ones that "feel" like the couple. I loved our wedding for that reason. It got a bit weird toward the end when the rabbi pushed our heads down suddenly for some last minute prayer in Hebrew (translation anyone?) but mostly, it really felt like us. It had our sense of humor, our values, our own vows, more humor...it also included our family and friends.

That's what I want for my friends. I went to the library to pick up this book on planning weddings. The librarian smiled and asked who was getting married. I told him I was helping my friends out by marrying them but he didn't understand. When I explained further, he was still confused until I told him about the online reverend thing and that pretty much anyone can be part of the church of the web.

He forgave our overdue books and I saved a bit over $10. It pays to be a reverend.

1 comment: