Saturday, August 18, 2007

Old flour


Has it been that long? I used to bake all the time. I love to make cookies and the Lewis fellas love to eat them. So today, this morning, I made chocolate chip cookies for the preschool graduation party (don't ask).

They taste....dusty. I am suspicious so I look at the flour bag, "Use by February 2006." Gross. I look at the other two full bags of flour, and see that although they are 2007, they went bad in January. I am definitely off my game.

Max is not disappointed that the cookies are staying home. He likes bad cookies very much.
And, as you can plainly see, they match the kitchen countertop.

1 comment:

  1. That's ok, I just made pancakes with pancake mix that said "Best if used by ..." some date in 2005. Maybe I'll have an ergot trip? Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete