Monday, May 5, 2008

We love homemade

Yesterday was a slow day. I stayed home with Aiden, who was yet again, not feeling so well. I knit, I baked, I snuggled.

When Aiden fell asleep for his first of many naps, I made pistachio bread. This is the pistachio bread my Uncle Jim used to make for Thanksgiving each year. Over the past few weeks, I've been thinking about my uncle, my family...and yummy bread.

I clearly didn't get the camera out in time to get the whole loaf but you get the idea. It was delicious.

This week, I plan on making an apple-pear pie. The apples, pears and yes, the pistachios, all come from a local organic farm. It just adds to that homemade good feeling.

We also organized drawers in the kids' room. I found the sweater that my mom knit for Max and started to put it in Aiden's drawer. Max stopped me and asked, "What's that?" I told him Nanny made it for him but now it might be a bit small. He insisted on putting it on. He said he loved it and it fit just right. He wore it to his friend's house yesterday and he wore it to school today. He is really proud of his homemade sweater. Aiden will have to wait a bit longer after all. Time to start knitting again....mom, are you listening?

3 comments:

  1. Hey! That worked for mine, too! I told him we'd pass it on to Aiden, and he immediately started wearing the sweater his grandmother made for him.

    Bread looks delicious, and I'm hungry right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be right over to finish off the bread! Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the bread, Ms. Stewart. You've become so gosh-darn domestic!

    ReplyDelete