Saturday, May 24, 2008

A new face

So I am back from my trip to NY and NJ. I had a great visit with my parents.

We got to hang out which is really nice. As much as I missed the kids....it was really nice to just hang, knit, and have meaningful conversations.

We went to Cold Spring, NY for a nice French lunch, and to the Palisades Mall to hang out at Barnes & Noble. Don't ask. Besides being one of the biggest malls in the country it is also one of the ugliest. It was all fun.

I returned home Thursday at 3am. Thursday was my birthday. I got greeted at 7am with two smiley boys. By 7:30am, BZ joined in. He sort of smiled too. It was a lovely, laid back birthday, we even had chocolate cake. We re-lit the candles three times so everyone could have a chance blowing out the candles.

Today I had a birthday brunch with a few friends at Citron. Monica, Gwen, Christine and LISA. Lisa points out that she has never been featured on my blog so this paragraph is dedicated especially to her. Heck, the whole blog can be dedicated to Lisa today. She drove the furthest to come celebrate so there you have it. The following picture was taken by a young woman named Rachel who was dining with her mother, who volunteered her to take a picture of us. She may have been embarrassed but she did a lovely job:

2 comments:

  1. Hi! (wave) Rachel managed a great photo of women she's never met.

    (when I finally made it up to Richmond to pick up my son, I was told by the neighbor kid they had left for Los Angeles in the morning. I knew that hadn't happened, but there was a smidgen of uncertainty)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It makes me unbelievably happy to be included -- both at your b'day celebration and on your blog! See, I really will go across that bridge for you... xoxo, Lisa

    ReplyDelete