Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day


This morning, Max came into our room a bit after 7am. He had a big grin, "Did I sleep the whole night in my bed?" And for the most part he did. He woke up after a huge Aiden coughing fit, and came in with growing pains....but with a bit of help from BZ, he was asleep again til morning.

Both boys slept well in their own beds, No night frights. How cool is that for Mother's Day? So I need to change our morning itinerary a bit. Make an apple pie, go to the bookstore for two new books and go to the farmer's market. Maybe go play in the school playground.

I feel so content. This morning, I told Max about the day I passed out/found out that I was pregnant with him and how happy that made me. I also told him the story of the night/morning (5:20am) he was born. It started with sushi, and ended with a baby...one of the happiest moments of my life. He loves the whole drawn out story, especially when I tell him about when I finally got to meet him:

Finally, they wheel me into my post-delivery room, BZ is waiting with Max in arms. He lays Max down on my tummy. Max squirms his way up my tummy and finds a breast to nurse on. I see his sweet little head and his unbelievable tiny fingers and arms, and whisper, " Oh Max, I've been waiting for you my whole life."

As I retold this story this morning, I got all teary. Max then teared up and said, "Oh mommy, I am so happy. I am so happy I climbed up you and nursed, I am getting tears too." He then gave me a big smiley hug. We then laughed about how late Aiden was in deciding to join the world, and then how fast he came on the scene when he was ready (1 1/2 hours, allowing just enough time to get to the hospital, and into an ugly gown). He was so fast, he didn't get a cone head.
Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment