Saturday, May 3, 2008

Pluto

Max woke me up this morning with a big smile. I was in the middle of a very disturbing dream about escaping hot lava on the freeway. I was stuck in traffic and all around us the roads and mountain area was breaking up with black lava pouring out. I was driving with someone else...luckily, Max woke me.

I told him I had a dream about hot lava and it was scary. He smiled and told me that he had a great dream about a unicorn. He got to ride the unicorn who took him to play in the snow. Then the unicorn brought him home and turned into his pet. He told me his whole family was in his dream...including all his cousins and, including his new found cousins, Ellie and James. He explained that he meant Ellie the girl, not Ellie the stuffed elephant. That can be confusing.

Max also shared that he had a scary dream when we first moved to this house. He and his daddy were being chased around by a terrible monster. The monster burned daddy up, and Max, woke up in the middle of the night all freaked out. Now that he is so happy, he has happy dreams. He told me that the brain just mixes all this stuff up in your head which is weird since it has no eyes or a mouth to tell you. That's how dreams are made.

Although my eyes were still closed through all of this conversation, he continued. He told me that the planets were beautiful and that they (the planets) dreamed about flowers and the earth. And, that he still believed Pluto was a planet even though THEY (scientists) say its not. Its just an icy rock but he wants it to be a planet still. I agree.
I grew up with Pluto as a planet, and by golly, its still a planet for me. Even if its not. Max explained that Pluto was not a meteor since meteors "banded" to the earth and Pluto doesn't do that. Huh? He kinda knows his stuff. My eyes begin to open.

He's off to wake Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment