Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Spending

These are the pieces of my first knit sweater. the big piece is the back, the tiny piece in front will be the front (eventually), and the two little side pieces are the beginnings of sleeves. After a few more hundred or so rows, I can put it all together. I will report back when there is something to actually show you that resembles clothing.

Have you seen this lately? Yes, I have a mighty big gas tank but really, this is pretty crazy. The good news is that I only had to pay 3.89/gallon vs the premium, expensive stuff, which is now $4.11/gallon.

What a world. On my way home from a depressing meeting, I was going to stop off and buy a burrito or something. Instead, I went home and made a sandwich. I am very proud of myself. Every bit counts.

Of course, yesterday I stopped off and had a Vietnamese lunch AND bought yarn. As my dad would say, one day at a time, Margie, one day at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Dad's right. I think I'm buying lunch today.

    Those pieces aren't so little. I know - they're little compared to what they need to be. But! That is a lot of knitting you've got done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so old now. I can remember when gas was $0.65 a gallon and people were hoping it would go back down below $0.60. Then it passed $1.00. OMGoodness. $1.05...that was crazy talk. What happened between $1.05 and $4.05? I got a real job, got married, had kids and got rid of a real job. I think I may need that real job again with prices like this!

    ReplyDelete