Monday, April 28, 2008

So good to be home

I'm back from Disney Institute. I admit it. I had fun. And, its good to be home.

I awoke Saturday morning (after 4 hours of sleep) with Aiden's big grin about 1 inch away from my face. He just grinned and giggled. I first started to wake when I heard the patter of his feet coming toward the bed, and then the grunting effort he made climbing up next to me. And then the grin, his tiny little toothy grin.

Saturday evening, we joined my aunt and cousins for dinner at La Cantina in Mill Valley. Complete fun. Its usually a roll of the dice with the two kids...it could have been OK or terrible. In fact, the evening was great. My cousin Pat snuck in a Chevy's birthday sombrero for my other cousin, Elizabeth.Elizabeth was visiting CA with her whole family, who my kids have never met. Instant connection. I can't remember the last time Max laughed that deeply and for that long. Ellie and James were completely cool pre-teens. James conducted table tricks and told jokes, and had us all rolling in the aisles. Max was inspired to entertain the table as well and told story after story to all who would listen. Aiden cried and cried when it was time to go home, no kidding. We all were sad to have the visit come to an end.

Sunday morning, I brought the kids to a book reading, by Magic Pickle author/illustrator, Scott Morse. He was a rock star. He showed the kids how he illustrated and came up with his crazy stories. He had them share what they liked to draw and tell stories about. Max got to bring home one of the drawings on the flip chart and got two books signed. Very cool. Aiden just wanted the cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment