Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Marathon flight

Anika is coming today. Well, almost.

Anika is my niece. She is 15 and is on her spring break. She was supposed to arrive today at 2pm. It is now 11:15 pm and is still not here but according to Continental, she should be here by 12:28 am. So that's just a few hours off. Did I mention she is only 15 years old and has spent the last gazillion hours alone in airports? Did I mention her first flight alone and her fear of flying?

In good news, now she will just have a dread of airports and beg to be on a plane. Who knew it would be one of the worst days to fly in the history of flying? Certainly, not me.

In my complete panic while she had an extended lay-over in Houston, I called a local Texan friend and colleague to cover as a friendly place to stay in case the flights were canceled for the evening. She was the one who informed me about all the grounded flights and bad wiring. Bad wiring?

I promised Max to wake him and drag him him with me to greet Anika at 12:28am. We made a welcome sign this morning at 8 am. Its a bit wrinkly now. I'm a bit wrinkly too.

2 comments:

  1. She Must have made it! It will be a story for her, poor girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the wonderful time she has with her aunt more than makes up for the hassle!

    ReplyDelete