Monday, July 9, 2007

Skin care update

Before:After:

A while back I experimented with a new skin care regime, and here are the recent results. I am still 43 but, I do believe, with a less severe set of worry lines in my forehead. You may laugh and say, ah, different lighting, and perhaps you would be right. But listen, this has been a shitty week (only Monday!) and I need something to feel good about.

My latest anxiety that keeps me up at night is worrying that Aiden will pull a chair out onto the balcony to look over the edge...and fall down three flights. I know, I know, lock the access out to the balcony, take a chill pill, etc. I have a million kid horrors that keep me up at night and I wonder when they will subside. Perhaps when I go for a biopsy, I might worry about small incisions in my boobies instead. That sure will be a distraction from my normal anxieties.

Do I sound a bit troubled tonight? I'm really OK. I am tired. I stayed up late last night reading Elizabeth Berg's Dream When You're Feeling Blue. I couldn't put it down. And the night before I was up with Nineteen Minutes, a novel based on a high school massacre. Impossible to put down. Reading is a great escape and a relaxer, almost despite the content. Clearly reading about love and redemption is way better for calming down than massacres and violence but any escape seems good.

Its been a worrisome period of time. I must begin yoga. I must eat right. I must get into the sun. I must reconnect with nature. I must reconnect with my family. Life is short. Its time to remember again what is most important. To slow down and smell the roses...

No comments:

Post a Comment