Saturday, July 21, 2007

knitting


My hands just hurt. the back of my hands through my fingers. I have started to learn knitting. but my hands hurt. Is this a muscle thing like swimming, running or skiing? I need to build hand strength? Or, is this just that I knit the way I grit my teeth in my sleep. I grit knit. I think that's it.

KNIT ST

(Needle holding cast on sts is 1st needle.) Hold loose yarn in back of work. Sl second needle through first st on 1st needle from front to back. Loop free yarn up to the back and around to the front of second needle slipping it down through crack where needles meet. Slide point of second needle along rounded body of first needle catching yarn and bringing it through original st. Sl old st off 1st needle. Rep to end of row.

Does this make sense to anyone? This is why I grit knit. Soon, I am told I will relax. It will relax me. In fact, I haven't had my usual crazy night frights or nightmares in at least a week. That's good.

I don't think I can get out of this knitting thing anyway since Max is very excited about his red scarf-to be. the one that already has more lumps and bumps and holes in the first two inches.

1 comment:

  1. i suck at knitting, have a few half finished scarves with many bumps!
    i tagged you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete