Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Serving my country

Monday, back to school. Tuesday, Jury Duty.


There is an art to avoiding service. I have not yet mastered that art. I now know what I should have done, but it won't help me this time. I report to the courthouse downtown at 8:30 am. Not an easy place to find parking.

I am serving my community. This is a good thing. Within a week, I find out if I am still employed for next year. This is a bad thing. The timing is a bit stressful but perhaps its an opportunity in disguise. You know, giving to others, community, service with a smile...

3 comments:

  1. Am I the only person in the U.S. who LONGS for jury duty?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we waved at you when we drove past the courthouse on the way to school. Maybe.

    Did you take your knitting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually rode the bus to the courthouse. And yes, I took my knitting. :-)

    ReplyDelete