Monday, December 1, 2008

Rounding out the holidays

I forgot to mention that I had a great time with my nephew Sam and niece Tess (Emma was in Chicago playing Hockey). We hiked down to the little village by way of a great wooded path with fantastic climbing trees.
Even Aiden got into the act. Max observed, and then fought off a few pesky dragons.

They left Sunday at 5 am and by 10am, the boys and I were playing miniature golf.

This was the first time that Aiden got into the act. He loved it. And the coolest thing of all was at the end of the course, the "19th hole." This is the final one that takes your ball (ending the game). If you get your ball into the impossible small pipe at the end of the path, you win a free game. By the luck of Zeus, Max nailed it, setting off a string of crazy sirens that nearly gave me a heart attack. We screamed and yelled and picked up our free pass. A great way to end a holiday weekend.

2 comments: