Sunday, December 14, 2008

Fresno

I am being relocated to Fresno. To keep my job, I need to be willing to be based in Fresno, CA. Translation: Find a small share for weekdays to commute back and forth from.

Yesterday, our family took a road trip to Fresno to see the different neighborhoods, meet a few prospective home shares and to play miniature golf.



All in all, a successful but very long trip.

It was good just to see the reality of this Fresno chapter of my work life. I resent being pulled away from the family but am grateful for a paycheck (and so is BZ).


We got home just in time for a friend to drop off his kids to watch for the evening. Actually, he dropped them off for a sleepover, which I admit, was a HUGE surprise. No problem, it was my kid who vomited the next morning, not his.

A long day.

3 comments:

  1. I used to have to go to Fresno for work as well. There ARE some good parts. It's not a bad drive down. You pass the world's largest ball of twine if that's any consolation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had did you know when you made that hat for BZ that it would go so well with those glasses? :)

    On the topic of Fresno...I know you are a survivor and you will survive this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresno=Sucks.
    Employment=Mandatory.

    ReplyDelete