Saturday, November 15, 2008

Out with the old




Getting the old one out was not so easy. Short of taking the door off, we had to take the couch apart. And for those of you familiar with our ol' couch, it would seem easy as it was already falling apart, rather "ripping" apart at the seams and everywhere else. It was not easy but it was done and it currently sits behind our house. At some point we need to get it down to street level. Any ideas are welcome. Its heavy. Need a free couch? 86" wide, comfy and ugly. Oh, we do have a cover for it that works if you don't have kids or pets leaping up and down on it. Spread the word.Here's the new couch, er, sofa. Terrible picture since I didn't have the patience to wait for the right lighting. I bought it from a guy in Pleasanton who is moving to Sacramento and needs to downsize quickly. Amazingly, he has a 4yr old and a 6 yr old and this "sofa" still looks brand new! He told me the rule in their apartment was that the kids could only go on the leather couch, not this one. My question is, how does he get them to follow that rule?

That is all I got for today. Dragging the big ugly couch out, carrying the new "sofa" up the side of the house (by the way, its several flights up), in the back door...well we did it and now I am tired.

Regrets? I missed the H8 protest today since the sofa purchase took way more time than planned. I chose a couch over human rights. Sigh.

5 comments:

  1. I'm SO happy for you!!! You must be trilled every time you walk up the stairs and see that masterpiece!!!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it!!! Yes!

    Now I have to go back and read the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A long time in the coming. And no strings attached to this one right?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A long time in the coming. And no strings attached to this one right?! :-)

    ReplyDelete