Friday, November 21, 2008

Cafe Trieste

Tonight, I went out. I put on slightly more makeup, I did my hair slightly differently, I wore a blouse with more of a neckline. Not that you can see any of this in the photo from the end of the evening but I thought I would tell you that I veered from my normal comfortable Friday night activity (staying home with the kids). I needed to shake off my mood of doom.

Sometimes its important to just get out of the house. Here was my excuse. Monica was performing and BZ and Pam joined in (Pam got lost in the photo, too bad).

Its nice to get lost in good music. Its nice to not think about all the muck that clogs up my brain and stresses my stomach. You listen to songs about the world, beauty, violence, love...and for a moment it just puts everything in perspective.

We are about to give thanks officially next week and I have decided I might need to start early to get my mind off of myself and all the negative. There are so many things to be thankful for.

As I listened to Monica sing, I remembered that she is the one who introduced me to BZ at the Noe Valley Ministry. Kim was with me. I met Monica through Tom. I sat next to Tom tonight and got to remember meeting him at a birthday party in Point Reyes (Nigel's). He led an expedition through the woods while recited bad poetry and carrying a big stick.

Tonight, I am grateful for friendship. And now I must go to bed.

1 comment: