Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy First Thanksgiving Holden!
Holden is a very lucky boy. Holden is not in the hospital anymore, he has the most dedicated and loving parents, Tod and Linda and he has SO many aunties and uncles. We have been waiting a long time for this little fella. Holden, you remind me of what I am thankful for. For being alive and having friends and family, and my health (mostly).

BZ's parents are in town and we've been sightseeing. We went to the auto show:
You may notice that this picture is taken at Ford and there are no cars but...Max was cuter than the Fords, believe me.

We then went to go see the waterfalls at Yerba Buena Gardens:

These are a must if you have never gone. You walk behind the falls and read along one of MLK, Jrs. speeches, probably one of the most famous. Its very moving. The sound of the water is really loud and by the time you get to the end of the speech, "like mighty waters" it really gets you. I needed that. I am thankful for this beautiful memorial.

Then, when we were really tired, we went across the street to the Jewish Museum, which I have never been in before:

Beautiful. Great exhibits, some very cool interactive stuff that the kids could participate in. A great find and I can't wait to go back.

I am thankful for my family. I have been having a pretty difficult time lately, mainly just stress about the unknown which although understandable, kind of a waste of energy and emotion. I have so much to be thankful for instead of focusing on what I may lose. So there.

Today, I will begin to pick myself up, shake of the heaviness and eat some turkey. With my family.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, somebody blogged about Holden! Cool! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max's haircut looks really cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Margaret! Thanks!

    I am grateful for you!!

    ReplyDelete