Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Day After

Its the day after the big fat primaries and I am exhausted. I am disappointed that we lost California, or rather, didn't get the big win, but...I am pleased to know that the delegate count is almost evenly split (not including the super delegates, they shift). And, We won Alameda County and San Francisco County among a few others. Big old LA went to Clinton.

Yesterday, I was near the Grand Lake Theater with a big sign, rallying for Obama and I met a Hillary campaigner. We had a great little chat. She was standing on our corner, and really, this corner of Oakland is truly Obama country, and she kept waving at the drivers and saying "We're all Democrats!"

This one incredibly drunk woman crossed from the Hillarysupporter side of the street to the Obama side and let us know that the Hillary side was just no fun. She went on to assure me that she voted for Osama. Great.

I went to see Michelle Obama a few nights ago at San Jose State. She was really inspiring, there were folks pouring out the door, crowding the building. It was very exciting. As I left to go back to my car, I looked back to the auditorium and noticed that there were windows at the basement level underneath. And there were these guys playing ping pong, or officially speaking, table tennis. Awesome. I am sure they had no idea what was going on above them.

No comments:

Post a Comment