Monday, February 25, 2008

Colors

Last night I dreamed of colors. Purples and pinks and blues, deep and vibrant colors. More specifically, I dreamed of skeins of colorful yarn.



As I fell asleep, and throughout my sleep, I rolled around in a most beautiful and peaceful palette of yarn. Weird, I know but...I spent the good part of Sunday surrounded in yarn and all things knitting. I spent the day at Stitches West.


It was great to get away and do something completely unrelated to work or something that I HAD to do. What a pleasure to have a hobby just for me. I find knitting to be so relaxing, except for when my hands begin to hurt and I don't want to stop knitting and then I stress about if I should stop or keep going... what a problem to have.



I must get back to work. I need to leave that peaceful place and get my work done. I need to make a chicken, call the dentist, do my paperwork, begin my taxes. I miss the colors already.

3 comments:

  1. Is that where you saw the orange yarn? :) What a great day for you. It's so good to see you dream like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a much better way to fall asleep than the worry worry worry brain.

    I'm still in an inordinately happy mood. Hormones say I should be a bit irritable and maybe depressed. I spend a day wallowing in yarn every week!

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  3. what are you going to make the chicken do?

    ReplyDelete