Monday, May 11, 2009

No breakfast in bed

We had a busy but nice weekend. Friday started out at Kaiser pediatrics to uncover the mystery behind Max's horrendous two-day headache. No answers but at least it wasn't the swine flu/H1N1. Nor was it a head injury. Just some sort of weird virus that gives a nasty headache and extreme exhaustion.

Lucky for me, Max woke up Friday afternoon refreshed and mostly back to his old self making it much easier to leave him with a babysitter, with the least amount of guilt. Friday night was the Blame Sally CD release party and BZ got to play backup on a bunch of songs so I really wanted to be there.
Backstage, where I was not allowed, yes, I am a wee bit bitter (long story), they had hair and makeup people for the Sallies. Someone had a brainstorm and suggested BZ get his hair done too. He was game and within no time, his hair was straight. And brushed straight down on the sides of his face. Nice. Kind of a 70's metal look. Or, more like a bad wig on a transgender fellow/woman. Here's the thing, BZ has beautiful hair whether it's straight or curly, and, he's a good looking guy, but they styled his hair like a girl. And, that didn't work so well on his head. Next morning it looked a bit better after sleeping on it.
The concert was great, I mean to say, Blame Sally was fantastic, it was a near sold out Palace of Fine Arts (that place seats around 1000). I am so happy for Monica, she has worked so hard for this....
Anyhoo, went to a kid birthday party on Saturday afternoon and stayed into the evening drinking Margaritas getting an early start on Mother's Day. And, good thing since on Mother's Day, I got exactly 20 minutes of Mother's Day attention, from 7:40 am to 8 am. I'll take it where I can. And in addition to the candle holder from Aiden, the flower pot from Max and his two beautiful cards, I also ended up getting new cushions for our patio chairs. Now I know this isn't standard and I should have probably gotten breakfast in bed, but really, breakfast in bed would probably lead to more laundry and perhaps be more trouble than its worth (I'm remembering the baked pancakes from a few years ago).

I don't need no stinkin' pancakes, look at my chairs!!!

6 comments:

  1. They are so stinkin' beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I mention that one year I got miracle grow? Kinda goes with the patio cushions, but not as beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got miracle grow for Mother's Day? Ha! That's as good as the thigh master I got for my birthday from an ex...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice cushions! (even if you had to get them yourself)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say...I like the hair in the Emmy pic tonight much better than for the Blame Sally release.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was hopin' for a lounge chair. Instead I got the big goose egg. No, I shouldn't say that....Kiira greeted me in bed with her REALLY good school project that they had made for mother's day. It really was beautiful. Let's just say the adult sector in our house did the big goose egg!

    ReplyDelete