Sunday, May 24, 2009

Birthday

Its Sunday. The day after the day after my birthday. I meant to say that. We had a party. It was fun and helped shake off my birthday blues. Perhaps it was the wine, perhaps it was my party dress, but more likely it was a house full of friends that did the trick.


Before the party, Aiden had to go to the ER, which got downgraded to an appointment at pediatrics since he was struggling with breathing a bit. Apparently, his Albuterol had expired. Oops. Turns out they say he's got asthma. Now, here's the thing, the doctor took about 15 minutes to check him out, no testing, nothing. Basically, he got a Saturday afternoon, "sure want to get the hell out of here" checkup.

So, I was a bit tense at the beginning of the party not really knowing if Aiden would come back home with pnemonia or some other awful diagnosis. When I heard asthma, I was relieved since I could process that later and he seemed (and still does seem) fine.

There were lots of people, food, music, fun. As usual, its always hard to get around to everyone so I just decided to try and enjoy myself instead of stressing about doing it right. I think I succeeded. Towards the end of the evening, Bear and Zac started to play,

others joined in. The kids and I just kicked back....and enjoyed the closing of the party...


Today, we cleaned up cupcake residue around the house, put the closet door back on (kids are strong), picked up the marbles and went....oh yeah, we are home.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry I missed it...there were two East Bay party options that day and I could only go to one, so I chose the one that Tod could go to as well (he had to work last night).

    You look very pretty in that picture. Hope to see you Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woops! I missed the closet door! Kids are strong, devious, and don't let on when they're up to something. I knew they were doing too well with each other.

    (I'm cleaning up cupcake residue around here too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to miss it! Happy happy day and glad you enjoyed yourself. I would love to get together another time! We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete