Sunday, May 17, 2009

BZ is a big fat winner


BZ won two Emmies last night! They were for his music on two promo pieces for KPIX, our local CBS affiliate.

We got all dressed up for the big award ceremony last night and finding something to wear wasn't easy. I don't think I've shopped for award-ceremony wear in a while, a long while. I chose poorly and ended up pulling my silky wrap shirt back together all night long.

I found myself envious of all the other women with their shiny cocktail dresses (that stayed on) and their strappy sexy shoes. At least if I was going to dress impractically I could have felt good about it.

BZ rented a tux and then switched out the shirt for one of his stage shirts, very red and textured. He looked cool dude-ish.
I suppose I should mention BZ's fantastic idea to take BART on an evening that was one of the hottest all year. Oh yeah, and we sat stuck to the seats in a car with no air. For some reason it didn't occur to us that we could have moved. Probably since I was working hard at my resentment toward the whole public transportation thing while wearing a ridiculous outfit. That and trying to find air to breath....aren't we supposed to arrive in a limo?


In the end, practical BZ saved us lots of potential traffic and a hefty parking bill at the Palace Hotel. We also were lucky enough to experience lots of attention from BART riders which is always really nice late at night.

2 comments:

  1. But BART ups the glamour! Really! (you know you liked it - makes the story so much better. It wouldn't have been the same in a limo and you know it.)

    Love the red shirt!

    ReplyDelete