Thursday, February 5, 2009

Driving

I know. If you aren't supposed to text while driving, you certainly aren't supposed to be snapping pictures.

This one makes me nauseous just looking at it. Which is kind of how I felt. Sick just descended on me yesterday afternoon while in Shafter, CA.

Over the last few weeks, I have been experimenting with how to stay engaged, awake, alert while driving long distances. I listen to different radio stations, the news, podcasts, books on tape and I call friends and family (not very often as I have to look at the phone to dial-not so safe).

Some favorite podcasts, lately, are: The Rachel Maddow Show, Bill Moyers, New Yorker Fiction, Planet Money. I just finished listening to My Life, written and read by Bill Clinton. Really good and very interesting. Yes, he cleaned his story up a bit BUT he really gives a great insider view of Washington, being the President, and how things really go down (yes, he discusses Ms. Lewinsky). A bit depressing but it deserves first prize at keeping me safe on the road for many hours.

I am also listening to Pandora but need to branch out from the same (and favorite) girly sounds I have been listening to. Suggestions welcome.

3 comments:

  1. You FINISHED Clinton's book ALREADY?! Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, its audio, 8 CDs. 1600 miles. Easy peezy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not allowed to get sick, you know.

    Road safety? Pshaw! I'm happy to see cloudy skies.

    You need another tome.

    ReplyDelete