Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Away

This has been my first official week in my new home away from home. I lucked into a small makeshift studio behind the garage of a client's in-laws' home.


On day one, no hot water. On day two, 5 minutes of hot water. Perhaps I need to take shorter showers. Overall, I am happy to have my own tiny little place rather than various hotel rooms.

I bought some groceries, made my first dinner, watched some TV...did I mention the WiFi doesn't really reach my studio from the main house?

A few bumps in the road but...I am glad to have an actual home away from home.

3 comments:

  1. Way to keep the chin up, Margaret! Hopefully, this is temporary, right? Who took the great B&Ws of the kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, who needs hot water? Wireless is probably more important...

    Good to have a bit of space to leave things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I say I love those pics? I really love those pics. Thanks for sharing photos of your digs. Nice to be able imagine where you are staying.

    ReplyDelete