Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Retreat!

I went to a knitting retreat. It was raining. Really raining. Did I bring wet weather gear? No, I did not. In fact, I had decided to pack very lightly. I was not prepared. At all.

Not wanting to remain drenched for days, I had to come up with something...after searching the car for an umbrella...and then searching again, I found the rain cover for a stroller we haven't owned in years. OK, so not quite as form fitting as a poncho but...it worked, mostly.

The rain cleared by midday on Saturday. Most of our time was indoors anyway. We learned how to make cables on the front of a pillow. Now, some of you non-knitters might be thinking that this sounds a bit "grandma-ish," knitting a pillow...but I will have you know, that I was in fact, in a room full of grandmas as well as a few other assorted aged women. And the learned cable can now be applied to other items as well.

Anyway, I am home now and the knitting has been put aside. I am launching into one of the busiest (and most stressful) months of my work year and am wondering how to balance family, politics and everything else. One of the best things since being back is volunteering in Max's school. Very fun. Max loves it and I love it too.

Politics are SO important to me but hard to fit in to our life without a sacrifice. So for today, I am letting it go. I will pick up Max early from school again and go to our favorite Cafe for a snack, we might even go to the library as well. We will figure it out. Only 29 days to go, right? Or something like that.

3 comments:

  1. Very creative rain gear...just what you need at a knitting retreat...creativity! How's Aiden doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only wish there had been two stroller covers...

    Enjoy the kiddos! (good luck with work)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait! Before we hear about you volunteering at this dreadful school, I want to know about the bully!

    ReplyDelete